• Maternity leave cover (10 months)
• Excellent employee benefits
• Great workplace culture
• Opportunities for professional development
Kimbriki Environmental Enterprises Pty Ltd is an innovative waste and recycling centre on Sydney’s northern
beaches. The Kimbriki site receives over 330,000 tonnes of waste annually, with close to 80% currently being recycled
into products such as mulch and gravels. Kimbriki is owned by Northern Beaches Council (96%) and Mosman Council
(4%) and works with its community, customers, shareholders, employees, partners and the waste industry to deliver
and promote innovative and efficient services that reduce waste to landfill and increase beneficial reuse opportunities.
Kimbriki aims to be a centre of excellence for services associated with the management of waste.
Reporting to the CEO the Finance Manager is accountable for the financial operations of the company and will lead
the finance team. Key responsibilities include:
• Provide financial advice to the business and the Board that takes into account financial best practice.
• Using exceptional communication and influencing skills to develop and maintain high-level stakeholder
• Prepare and implement financial plans, budgets and capital expenditure programs; and recommend pricing
structures, financial management policy, asset utilisation and investment strategies to achieve business
• Tertiary qualifications in accounting.
• A thorough understanding and hands on knowledge of computerised financial accounting systems, and high-level
computer skills including spreadsheet (Excel), database applications.
• Extensive practical experience with exposure to financial and management accounting (including up to date
knowledge of accounting, purchasing and insurance principles and the ability to apply knowledge in a practical way)
and confidence to assume accountability for the integrity of financial results and systems.
• A proven track record in the management of staff and generally “leading by example”.
• Experience in initiating/recommending changes to accounting systems to ensure greater accuracy and pertinence of
• Must be adaptable and be able to attend concurrently to several competing matters to ensure deadlines are met.
• Behaviour that positively demonstrates Kimbriki’s values of respect, teamwork integrity, excellence and
• Hold a current NSW drivers Licence.
• Membership of CPA Australia or the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
• Knowledge of and experience in the waste industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an extremely reputable and highly regarded name in the market. You will be
part of a thriving company with a great culture, excellent employee benefits and opportunities for professional
development. In addition, you will be mentored and trained by highly respected individuals.
For more information visit our Positions Vacant page
How to Apply:
Visit our Seek advertisement.
Applications must address the selection criteria detailed above.
Closing Date: Monday 20 January 2020.